Pranayama Kriya Meditation Course – The yogi’s life is not measured by the number of his days, but by the number of his breaths’, to quote B.K.S Iyengar verbatim, but all yogis have long known this as truth. They are highly aware of this fact and hence developed the practices of Pranayama to prolong one’s life.
What is Pranayama?
What is Kriya?
Kriya or Shatkarma consists of purification practices that aim to create harmony between the two major pranic flows in the body. According to Ayurveda, an imbalance in the body’s dosha (humours) will result in illness. Kriya/ Shatkarma support the practices of Pranayama and Meditation as they purify the body of toxins.
Here in this course, they are targeted to work on common modern ailments such as gastric, indigestion, high acidity, constipation, sinusitis, shallow breathing, mouth breathing, insomnia, body aches and so forth. These are the first line of defence that needs to be strengthened in order to gain a strong immune system. The kriyas will work on your digestive and nervous system.
What are the benefits of Pranayama Kriya Meditation Course?
Helps with Different Disorders
Participants will feel lighter
Overall haul of one’s habits
Simple but effective techniques
Who can attend the course?
Interest in cultivating good health
Those with common modern ailments
Interest in subtle practices of yoga
What will you learn?
8 types of Pranayama
2 types of Meditation Practice that you can easily take home for self-practice after course
4 types of Kriyas
How to make changes to your lifestyle and habits to support the practice and to lead and healthy life
Duration of the Course
Weekend Course 2017
Saturday & Sunday – 8:30am to 10:00am
|Week/Month||September / October / November|
|Week 1||30 Sep. & 1 Oct.|
|Week 2||7 & 8 Oct.|
|Week 3||14 & 15 Oct.|
|Week 4||4 & 5 Nov.|
|Week 5||11 & 12 Nov.|
|Week 6||18 & 19 Nov.|
Weekday Course 2017
Monday to Friday – 8:00am to 9:15am
|Week/Month||September (Monday – Friday)|
|Week 1||4,5,6,7 & 8 Sep.|
|Week 2||11,12,13,14 & 15 Sep.|
|Week 3||18,19,20,21 & 22 Sep.|
- $450 per course (Part Time or Full Time)
- Top up $100 for 6 regular group yoga classes (to be completed over the duration of the course)
- Top up $150 for 12 regular group yoga classes (to be completed over the duration of the course)
Terms & Conditions
- No replacement classes allowed. Participants should inform beforehand should they miss a class.
- No refund will be allowed.
- To fully benefit from the practices, dedication and self-practice are required in between.
- The success of one’s practice varies according to body condition and willpower. Sometimes results are immediate, but sometimes, a longer duration is required and may not be experienced during the course. However, do continue the practices with faith and discipline and be sure that the benefits will be reaped one day.
- Yoga Mala does not claim that medical conditions will be removed entirely.
- Those with medical conditions should check with Yoga Mala prior to signing up for the course. Doctor’s certificate of clearance is also required.
- Yoga Teachers who would like to attend the course should check first with the studio as spaces are limited.