Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
200 Hours Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
Yoga Mala Singapore
200 Hours Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Course
*** Course Dates to be announced
We are pleased to announce the opening of registration for Yoga Mala 200Hr Yoga Therapy Course (recognised with Yoga Alliance). Please see the following for details.
A certificate programme accredited by the Yoga Alliance, this Teacher’s Training Course provides an excellent opportunity to awaken or deepen your yoga practice, become a part of the global yoga community and meet new friends. This course will guide you to develop the inner teacher within you and discover that everything we need is already within us. The course aims to guide you on how to use the yogic practices as a tool for inner and outer transformation.
The Yoga Therapy Course (YTC) is intended to give better and deeper insight into Yogic practices and their therapeutic value. Most of the time, students come into yoga classes or studios with existing health issues with the expectation that yoga will aid in resolving these issues. However, by equipping oneself with a better understanding of disorders, yoga teachers are able to be more sensitive and mindful of such students by offering appropriate modifications as and when needed to make the practice appropriate and comfortable.
This course will cover the fundamental understanding of the human structure and functions therein. It will discuss probable abnormalities and their supportive remedies from the Yogic point of view.
Our YTTC is very comprehensive and covers both the practical and theoretical aspects of Yoga:
The Syllabus will cover the following topics:
- Anatomy and Physiology (Human Body)
- System-related Diseases
- Therapeutic Evaluation of Asana Practices
- Therapeutic Values of Pranayama Practices
- Therapeutic Aspects Kriya, Mudra & Bandhas
- Meditation as Therapy
- Yoga Philosophy and Lifestyle
- Teaching Methodology
Overview of Syllabus:
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology – essential for understanding effects of Yogic Practices.
- Understanding of each body system in detail.
- Plausible disease conditions in each system, their basic understanding, Yoga Practices aiding in their treatment.
- Various Yogic and Allied concepts to understand – Yogic Structure and Function of Human Existence.
- Anatomy and function of various systems.
- Clear and systematic presentation of the various systems and associated disorders. Common disorders encountered by yoga teachers
b. Cause of disorders and their development
c. Functional approach to the disorders
d. Allopathic treatments available
- Practical observation of body structure and function.
- Application of the tools of yoga in Yoga Therapy.
- The role of the yoga teacher in Yoga Therapy and ethical considerations.
- All the practices will be practised and demonstrated with adjustments and modifications in the Therapeutic Practice classes.
- There will be daily General Practice as a revision and self-practice.
- The course includes Case Studies, Situation-based learning and may include hospital visits for a multi-faceted learning approach
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding programme. It will require a strong commitment and personal sacrifice, as well as the support of the student’s primary support network. We emphasise that this programme may not be for everyone.
Interested students must
- Have a deep desire to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
- No need for minimum yoga practice or prior experience
- Be free of major injuries going into the programme
- Have an open mind
- Be willing to forgo most other personal or professional commitments for the duration of the programme
Students who fulfil the course requirements will be presented with a Certificate of Completion for this Teacher Training programme from Yoga Mala which is recognised by the Yoga Alliance, USA. This means that after completion of our course you will be able to become Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). Please see the standards on www.yogaalliance.org.
The course is Part Time.
Weekday Schedule (Friday)
Weekend Schedule (Saturday & Sunday) – Full Day
Yoga Mala reserves the right to change the schedule of the programme.
SGD 3,000 (Early-bird rate)
SGD 4,000 (Standard rate)
- SGD 300 is non-refundable deposit for the registration of the course. 80% payment before start of course. Full payment by 3rd week of course
- Course fee includes manual, one-time examination fees and one-time certification fees
- Fees exclude additional reference books, Yoga Alliance registration fees
- Please email/call us find out more about the fees terms and condition
For more details, please email Rajesh at email@example.com or contact him at +6584981649